The Gluten-Free Diet
- Gluten? What's Gluten?
- Starting the Gluten-Free Diet
- Equipping Your Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Gluten-Free Food Staples
- Coping With Glutenings
- Gluten-Free Cookbooks
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten in Non-Food Items
- Socializing Gluten-Free
- Dining Out Gluten-Free
- Traveling Gluten-Free
- Celebrating Holidays Gluten-Free
Gluten? What's Gluten?
Many people start the gluten-free diet without having a clear idea of what "gluten" is and what foods contain it. Here are the basics.
- What Is Gluten (And Why Is It So Tough To Avoid?)
- What Foods Contain Gluten?
- The Gluten-Free Diet, Explained
Starting the Gluten-Free Diet
Avoiding gluten is much more complicated than simply steering clear of foods containing wheat, barley and rye. Here's how to launch your new gluten-free life.
- How To Go Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Food List
- Is The Gluten-Free Diet Dangerous For Non-Celiacs?
- Finding Gluten on Food Labels
- Does Gluten Need To Be Disclosed?
- FDA Gluten Labeling Rules
- Certified Gluten-Free - What Does It Mean?
- Understanding 'Parts Per Million'
- Nine Places Gluten Can Hide
Equipping Your Gluten-Free Kitchen
Can you share a kitchen with gluten products? What cookware and utensils do you need to replace? How should you set everything up? We've got the answers!
Gluten-Free Food Staples
Stocking your gluten-free pantry? Here are some food products that would fit in nicely.
- Five Gluten-Free Grains
- Gluten-Free Cereal
- Gluten-Free Bread Brands
- Gluten-Free Bagels
- Gluten-Free English Muffins
- Gluten-Free Bread Mixes
- Gluten-Free Frozen Waffles
- Gluten-Free Pretzels
- Gluten-Free Hamburger/Hot Dog Buns
- Gluten-Free Frozen Pizza
- Gluten-Free Candy
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Bars
- Gluten-Free Potato Chips
- Gluten-Free Tortilla Chips
- Gluten-Free Multigrain Chips
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
Coping With Glutenings
One of the biggest surprises for people new to the gluten-free diet is how much more sensitive to gluten they become. Here's how to cope with the (nearly-inevitable) glutenings.
- How Much Gluten Can Make You Sick?
- How Sensitive Are You? Take The Poll!
- Glutened By 'Gluten-Free' Foods
- What Does A Glutening Feel Like?
- Major Glutenings vs. Trace Exposure
- Is It Real, or Is It 'All In Your Head'?
- Recovering From A Glutening
- Dealing with Brain Fog
- Can Digestive Enzymes Help?
There are plenty of excellent gluten-free cookbooks out there that can help you recreate old favorites or develop new ones. Here's a sampling of what's available.
- Gluten-Free Cupcakes By Elana Amsterdam
- Gluten-Free Makeovers By Beth Hillson
- Quick-Fix Gluten Free By Robert M. Landolphi
- Gluten-Free In Five Minutes By Roben Ryberg
- The Gluten-Free Asian Kitchen By Laura B. Russell
- Deliciously G-Free By Elisabeth Hasselbeck
- Blackbird Bakery Gluten-Free By Karen Morgan
Looking for great gluten-free recipes to try? Here's a bunch that will please everyone, gluten-free or not!
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Bread
- Gluten-Free French Bread
- Easy Gluten-Free Pancakes with Hodgkins Mill Mix
- Gluten-Free Pizza
- Gluten-Free Caesar Salad
- Gluten-Free Croutons
- Gluten-Free Bruschetta
- Gluten-Free Rice Krispies Treats
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Gluten-Free Passover Recipes
- Gluten-Free Hot Cross Buns
- Pumpkin Pie and More
- Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Ingredients
- Gluten-Free Christmas Cookies
Gluten in Non-Food Items
Gluten appears in more places than just foods it's also in medications, toiletries, and even building materials. Here's what you need to know about how to avoid it.
- Make Your Home Gluten-Free
- Gluten in Medicines
- Airborne Gluten
- Is Toothpaste Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Shampoo
Socializing while sticking to the gluten-free diet is challenging at first, but it gets easier ... I promise!
- Coping Emotionally When You're Newly Gluten-Free
- Do I Need To Be THAT Careful?
- Dealing with Friends and Relatives
- Should You Eat Food Prepared By Others?
- Don't Fear Food!
Dining Out Gluten-Free
Restaurant dining is easier than ever on the gluten-free diet, thanks to awareness of celiac disease and gluten sensitivity.
- Dining Out? Start Here!
- Five Rules to Keep Restaurants Safe ... and Fun
- Gluten-Free Restaurant Directories
- Chain Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus
- Gluten-Free Fast Food
- Gluten-Free Dining in Ethnic Restaurants
- Triumph Dining's Gluten-Free Restaurant Guide
- Staying Safe in a Chinese Restaurant
- B.Y.O.P. (Bring Your Own Pasta)
- Restaurant Cards (Don't Leave Home Without Them)
Worried about leaving home? Here's how you can travel anywhere and stay safe on the gluten-free diet.
- Getting Gluten-Free Food Past Airport Security
- Staying in Hotels
- Pre-Packaged Gluten-Free Snacks
- Gluten-Free Disney
Celebrating Holidays Gluten-Free
Holidays pose some special challenges on the gluten-free diet. Here's what you need to know.
- Top Gluten-Free New Year's Resolutions
- Celebrating Valentine's Day Gluten-Free
- Gluten-Free Matzo for Passover
- Gluten-Free Easter Candy