Source: This recipe appears on p. 210 of Passover by Design: Picture Perfect Kosher by Design® Recipes for the Holiday, by Susie Fishbein. Used by permission of ArtScroll Mesorah Publications, Brooklyn NY.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, leaves gently torn (discard the stems)
- 1/3 cup minced red onion (about 1/2 small red onion)
- 1/2 firm mango, not too ripe, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp lime juice
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the minced jalapeno, basil, cilantro, red onion, and mango. Drizzle in the oil, salt, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
Add the drained quinoa and toss to combine. Season with salt to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.