If I'm making these for a light lunch, I'll usually include a salad or just some fresh sliced tomatoes on the side. You can also top the quesadillas with guacamole or some gluten-free sour cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese (such as Monterey Jack, colby, chedder)
- 8 (6-inch) gluten-free corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
Coat a skillet with cooking spray and place it over medium-high heat. Add one tortilla, spread a quarter of a cup of shredded cheese on it, then spread a quarter of a cup of the pepper mixture on top of the cheese, then another quarter of a cup of cheese, and then top it with another tortilla. Cook two minutes on each side, pressing down with a spatula, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden.
Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas.
Cut each finished quesadilla into quarters, and serve immediately.